Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sunrise in Winter

Today it was 16 degrees Fahrenheit when I left for work and took this picture from the end of the driveway. The sunrise gave the snow a warm color in spite of the stinging wind on my cheeks that showed the lie of the warm look.

I like the stark dark lines of the tree. Two days ago in Target I saw a picture I wanted. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I saw it. It's big, like, over the couch big and it wouldn't go with any of our furniture so I didn't get it. But it still haunts me.

It was three trees, like this one, side by side in the background with another closer, darker, starker in the foreground, with a snow covered landscape and a foggy background so they shot up from white ground against a white sky. It was all in black and white, photo-quality. I want it still. It was a hundred dollars. Today on public radio I found out that the Des Moines Art Center is going to have American Gothic there on exhibit for a while starting Valentine's Day weekend (The picture, not the movie). I am going to try to go see it

I found the picture on amazon.com, my goto site for all my online shopping. I had someone mention they were looking for a toilet brush of a certain type and after looking in Wal-mart, k-mart, target, lowes, and all the dollar stores I could find I went to amazon.com and got it there for seventy-five cents. I should have started there. They really do have almost everything worth having. Including my picture. Isn't that nice?

I'm on vacation next week and I have a lot to do at the front end of the vacation and scheduling is starting to give me a headache, but I look forward to it. I'm going to go south, where it's warmer... it'd better be warmer.

No comments: