Monday, March 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
– Dr. Seuss
via T4D » Blog Archive » On the loose with Dr. Seuss !.
There is a whole page of Dr. Seuss quotes over there that I recommend any blogger have a look at. So much blogger fodder there I almost copied it in toto into evernote for later. You know… I think we can scratch the almost and change it to the past tense. I just copied the whole list into evernote for later use.

Today you are You… making sure you’re a you that you’re proud to be and that others are proud to know is what living right is all about. There’s a lot of rules out there, guidelines, and strictures that tell us how to live. There’s great gobs of writing telling us what we need to do to get it right. The guideline I live by is that I try and do things that I won’t regret later and wouldn’t mind if everybody knew about it. I try and treat all my employees and friends in a way that if someone says “Oh, we were just talking about you,” my response is to smile and thank them rather than wonder what they’ve gone and found out about me.

I can’t say I was always good at it, and there are some who still don’t like how I do things… when it comes time to let someone go at work, they don’t always agree right then that there was nothing else I could have done. Later though, they frequently agree with me with a sheepish look on their faces.
So while you’re out there being you today… be the best you that you can be because you’re the only you you’ve got.

Mirrored over here at home.

No comments: