Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Survivor Guilt..

My job has changed quite a bit in the past 18 months. I was demoted from regional to area supervisor and had my workload cut along with a paycut. I didn’t mind. I saw the changes coming and made sure I was living in a place I could afford to live and in a community where I knew a lot of people if it all hit the fan. I felt no threat to my actual job at the time.


Over the next year the staff from store manager and up has been cut by 30%. The office has been cut by over half. The store staff have had a 10% staff cut. Obviously things aren’t the same today as they were then. I feel like I’m doing a good job and doing my best for the company as far as I know how to do. That being said, there were some good people out there who aren’t there any more. I should say in the interest of full disclosure, these staff cutbacks had absolutely nothing to do with the economy at large. The company was in trouble financially and an accountant bought us and was doing triage. Every decision he’d made I agreed with in theory. In actuality it’s hard to believe how many people lost their jobs here.

See the rest of the post here at simplerich.com

No comments: