Sunday, October 11, 2009

Came out to a friend today...

Came out today to a friend.

You read it right. Today I told my best friend that I wanted to run a 5k race in spring. It was the first time I'd talked about running out loud to a friend in a serious way. I've been here, but nobody reads this that knows me, or if they do they've made no indication that they know I've been running.

It went well. He didn't burst out laughing. When I told him at lunch, that I was running at three today he didn't laugh then either. He and a friend went out to the path to meet me on my run, but I'd left early so we just missed each other. My hope was they were there to be encouraging. My guess is they were there to see if I was gasping for breath or not when I ran. Either way, more people know I'm running now. I don't know if I can say I'm a runner until I run a race. I may still just be a jogger.

But today was a put it on the calendar day... came out to friends as a runner.

Activity
Route:
--
Elev. Avg:
1102 ft
Location:
Fort Dodge, IA,
Elev. Gain:
+0 ft
Date:
10/11/09
Up/Downhill:
[+127/-127]
Time:
03:18 PM
Difficulty:
2.0 / 5.0

Weather:
Cloudy

37 F temp; 44% humidity

37 F heat index; winds SSE 4 mph
Performance
Distance:
2.52 miles

Time:
0:35:00
Speed:
4.3 mph

Pace:
13' 53 /mi

Calories:
351

Map

Elevation (ft)

Pace (min/mile)

Splits
Mile
Pace (min/mile)
Speed (mph)
Elevation
Gain
actual
+/- avg
actual
+/- avg
1
12' 57
-0' 56
4.6
+0.3
-36 ft
2
13' 21
-0' 32
4.5
+0.2
+26 ft
end
16' 54
+3' 01
3.5
-0.8
+9 ft
Versus average of 13' 53 min/mile

Posted from www.bimactive.com

2 comments:

keithdb said...

It can be tough, can't it? I wasn't sure who was going to laugh more where I work, the couch potatos or the guy who's run the Boston Marathon twice...

btw, isn't bimactive awesome? :)

simplerich said...

bimactive's incredible.

It gives me an incredible amount of information... one of the biggest things it's showing me right now is that even though I feel like I'm running at a steady speed I'm nowhere near running at a constant rate. I need to work on that. Sounds like a job for "Treadmill time!"

Thanks for stopping by, any tips or pointers? I see from your bimactive that you actually run the whole time! You've finished the C25K then? Congrats!