Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Night time running

Week 4 Day 1(b)
I ran this last week at the end of Week three during an extra day that I had to take to move my days off to where I wanted them. They're right now, I think.

Tonight's night time run wasn't all at night. It just ended at night because I left work late by accident. Sometimes I get caught up. Then I rushed home, changed into my running gear and went to the nature trail and realized too late that I'd left the receiver for my Nike+ in the backpack that is ALWAYS in the car, but that I'd left in the house in my hurry to get my run in. So, I ran without the Nike+ which is going to suck for my data on that site since it can't be entered by hand. I may well wind up getting a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver With Heart Rate Monitor for keeping my pace and cell phone battery intact. The BIM software is great, but the GPS kills the blackberry's battery on a run. It'd never make it on a long run. Fortunately for me I wouldn't either yet.


It also pointed out how much I rely on the Nike+ for my pacing. I felt like I ran too fast, but then when I look at my distance and time I didn't run as far as I ran last time I ran the same C25k day so maybe I just felt like it was too fast because it was at end of long work day and I was hungry. I'm not sure.

My legs were a little sore going into it, they were tense for some reason and never did really loosen up like they should. I blame work tension. They weren't hurt by the running, but they were definitely more tense than I'd have liked them to be when I started. We'll see how they feel tomorrow. I'll be in a hotel tomorrow and may ride their exercise bike for a while for my off day activity. I seem to remember the bike having a squeak that annoyed me in about 10 seconds. We'll see though. I may also get in touch with a friend in go have a beer. That sounds good too.

Activity
Route:
--
Elev. Avg:
1094 ft
Location:
Fort Dodge, IA,
Elev. Gain:
+0 ft
Date:
10/20/09
Up/Downhill:
[+111/-111]
Time:
06:50 PM
Difficulty:
1.7 / 5.0

Weather:
Cloudy

59 F temp; 83% humidity

59 F heat index; winds E 3 mph
Performance
Distance:
2.00 miles

Time:
0:21:53
Speed:
5.5 mph

Pace:
10' 57 /mi

Calories:
280

Map

Elevation (ft)

Pace (min/mile)

Splits
Mile
Pace (min/mile)
Speed (mph)
Elevation
Gain
actual
+/- avg
actual
+/- avg
1
9' 54
-1' 03
6.1
+0.6
-43 ft
end
12' 00
+1' 03
5.0
-0.5
+43 ft
Versus average of 10' 57 min/mile

Posted from www.bimactive.com

No comments: