Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 5, Day 1! Ran outside today

Ran outside today.

I got to run outside today which doesn't sound like much except that I've been doing a lot more treadmill work than I liked when I was out of town last week. That means of course that my shins hurt and that I didn't get any GPS data to use so no Bim posts while on the treadmill.

The winter months are what are putting the most fear into me about running. I dislike the treadmill quite a bit, not because it's boring but because I hurt after I run on one and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I thought it was pace, but it doesn't seem to matter if I slow it down or speed it up. My shins hurt when I treadmill it.

Today when I ran after two day break going into Week 5 of C25k my shins and calves were still sore from the run 3 days ago! I'd gotten a massage yesterday and the massage therapist commented on how tight my left leg was and he worked to fix it. I'm going to try to go back again tomorrow. I think it helps and it's certainly relaxing. Highly recommend massages to anybody with tension. (The real kind, not the "with happy ending" kind.)

So, sore, I ran today, intent on not pushing too hard. Don't want to over-train and cripple myself out of running so soon. I ran gentle with short steps and high turnover and did OK. I felt fine even at the end of the run. It was more running than last week, and the next day of running is even longer, 3 8 minute sections I think it is!!! Maybe just two. I have to look. I wasn't any more or less sore after I ran so the running wasn't a mistake. That's where I was going with that. I got side-tracked.

Continuing to run, not looking forward to winter and the treadmill, but looking forward to continued running. I said to my roommate today that I put the elite in athelite (sic). He laughed and politely disagreed. He's seen my running form. :)

Activity
Route:
--
Elev. Avg:
1055 ft
Location:
Fort Dodge, IA,
Elev. Gain:
-3 ft
Date:
10/27/09
Up/Downhill:
[+167/-170]
Time:
10:25 AM
Difficulty:
1.9 / 5.0

Weather:
Sunny

45 F temp; 69% humidity

45 F heat index; winds S 12 mph
Performance
Distance:
2.66 miles

Time:
0:36:08
Speed:
4.4 mph

Pace:
13' 34 /mi

Calories:
374

Map

Elevation (ft)

Pace (min/mile)

Splits
Mile
Pace (min/mile)
Speed (mph)
Elevation
Gain
actual
+/- avg
actual
+/- avg
1
12' 37
-0' 57
4.8
+0.3
+36 ft
2
12' 19
-1' 15
4.9
+0.4
-20 ft
end
16' 56
+3' 22
3.5
-0.9
-19 ft
Versus average of 13' 34 min/mile

Posted from www.bimactive.com

No comments: