Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Jump/Drive is now an award winning novel!

Huge thank-you goes out to the reviewers and judges of the The Kindle Book Review's 2013 Best Indie Book Award for choosing Jump/Driveas a winner in the Young Adult category.

I stayed up late Monday night into the morning of October 1st hoping to hear the results. I literally couldn't sleep from nerves and excitement. This means a lot to me. It's my first real effort at a novel and it would absolutely not have been the success it was without my beta readers, editors +Nan Allen and +Damian Trasler and since we know people really can sometimes judge a book by the cover I would be remiss if I didn't thank +Allen Simpson for his excellent photography and work he did on my cover.

I don't want this to turn too long and rambling but writing a book that deals with sexual abuse wasn't easy. Writing one where I tried to deal with it gracefully and truthfully and honestly without being prurient wasn't easy. But it was worth it. It was even worth it before it won an award... but I won't lie, knowing that the reviewers of TheKindleBookReview.net who read a TON of books each year selected it as one of their best? Yeah. That's pretty great.

Thank you all. Thank you readers. Thank you reviewers. Thank you to all of you who offered me feedback, suggestions, and help along the way. Thank you for believing in me when it got hard and I wasn't believing I was up to the task of writing a book anybody would want to read. It really means a lot to me, and so does Jump/Drive.

No comments: