Saturday, April 09, 2016

I don't get it... (Warning: Adult language)

So, I thought we'd get a break after trans-person Caitlyn Jenner came out and things cooled down. Well, that didn't happen. Evidently now the issue is where people can use the bathroom.

I'm going to start out with I don't care. If there are stalls and not urinals in the bathroom knock yourselves out. I don't care. Shut the door and piss or crap away. Not my problem. I'm going to do the same and don't care who's next door to me expelling waste. There are those who can't seem to stop the ideas of sex from springing to mind whenever discussions of waste spewing out of their bodies is brought up though and they're full of "OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" right now that if a trans-person is in the stall next to their Little Billy or Little Mary then some harm will come to the kids and for that reason alone the trans need to go use... I guess their own, third bathroom.

Issues of why waste removal and sex with kids leap to mind whenever the topic of voiding ones bladder or butt aside, the issue is clear to me as one of comfort. The people against it aren't comfortable with trans-people. That's fine. I don't care.

Truth time: I'm not comfortable either. I get pronoun-confused. I want to ask inappropriate questions. I just plain don't GET it.

Doesn't matter. There are a lot of things I don't get.

I don't get Uggs. I don't get dreadlocks. I don't get how anyone can watch Big Brother, or professional wrestling, or Dance Moms. I don't get liking tofu. I don't get the why anyone would choose dark meat over white meat when there are wings and breasts RIGHT there why would you pick up a thigh? Gross!

There are a lot of things I don't get. That's MY problem. It's not their problem. If nobody else is actually hurt by something then it's not my problem and my opinion isn't one that matters. I don't have to get it. I don't have to like it. I don't have to understand it. I don't have to approve of it. In the case of trans-people. I don't get it. But, to me, it doesn't matter. Their sense of self, their identity, the things they do to their body are no more my business than if they get a tattoo. It's their body. It's their life. It's THEIR business. It doesn't affect or impact me in the slightest unless they're a friend and I have to pay attention to pronouns and I fuck it up.

They want to live their lives. I want to live my life. There's probably something about my life they don't get. I don't want people who just don't understand me, to be able to tell me I can't do a thing because it's not their thing. That's not how this works. That's not how ANY of this works.

I'm not a SJW (Social Justice Warrior). I'm a guy who thinks we should pull our noses out of other people's asses and let them live their lives.

Quit clutching your pearls and screaming to "think of the children" because honestly... I'm taking a crap here, and thinking of kids while doing that appears to be the purview of those who are bitching so much about it all and I just don't get that either.

No comments: