Sunday, October 26, 2008

When I moved nobody noticed

yours truly The great thing about feeds and feed readers as it turns out is that when the site doing the hosting moves almost nobody notices.

We'll see if that's the case here or not.

I've been a dreamhost.com customer for two years and they're certainly a good host. I can't complain about level or service, quality of service, or price. They're a great host if you need one I recommend them. I, however, don't need a website. I have a blog that I only sometimes write on. There are free hosted blog options out there. I post pictures on flickr, and other files on box.net or dropbox. I can't seriously come up with a reason to keep a website where I have to do the maintenance. I like to write, not maintain a website. Luckily, there are sites that will do the work and let me do the playing.

So, I'm switching to blogger, or blogspot, whatever the name... it's a google product and I'm a fan of google. My URL simplerich.com is aimed here for now and should stay that way for a while yet. I'm planning on keeping my name, just not sure how to get it aimed at google without forwarding it through dreamhost like I'm doing right now. If I can figure that out, and I have a ticket into my name server folks right now to help with that. So, my hope is that you guys don't notice anything except more writing. I've considered leaving the site aimed elsewhere in an attempt to lose readers I don't want... specifically from work so I could speak a little more freely. That idea lasted about two minutes. Don't worry. I'm working to keep my URL aimed here, just like my feed.

1 comment:

Fr Fred Tondalo said...

I noticed! I noticed!!!!

I also noticed that I AM NOT ON YOUR "BLOGS I READ" SECTION?! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!