Wednesday, October 29, 2008

www.simplerich.com RIP

There's a HUGE chance I'm about to lose the domain simplerich.com very soon.

While it's true I paid for the domain over the next few years through a domain registrar I couldn't do anything with it except point it to a hosting service like dreamhost that I also paid for. I couldn't find a way to get it to go to blogger.

So, I've attempted to cancel it and repurchase it through blogger. It seems they have the kung-fu necessary to aim a domain at themselves but they won't tell us as customers how to aim our already purchased domain at them.

So... if my domain gets parked before I can repurchase it through Google all my years worth of links to simplerich.com will point to a parking spot. Before this happened I backed the site up. We'll see if I get it or not later. Until then just hold onto your hats and be calm. I'm faking it as hard as I can. It irritates me I couldn't get the domain aimed at blogger without having to pay for a host. The whole POINT of blogger is that it's the host. I just wanted simplerich.com to go to http://simplerich.blogspot.com but it only seemed possible if I set up a CNAME on an ISP to forward. Well, there I am paying dreamhost a hundred bucks a year just to forward? Yeah... not so much.

Update your bookmarks http://simplerich.blogspot.com oh, and if you're looking for a domain registrar that will be no help at all with questions, feel free to use the one I used. There HAS to be a way to do what I want and they were completely unhelpful in helping me find it.

No comments: