Friday, November 28, 2008

Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

This post has all the symptoms of being a day late.
Yet, as Dr. House will teach you if you watch that show... some symptoms are misleading.
The post isn't late. It's completely missing. This is a substitute post, re-written to replace the actual post that was written early, showed up as a Scheduled Post, then... when the time came... promptly vanished into cyberspace to be eaten by The Boojum.
Short version:
I'm thankful for my family, immediate and extended. I'm thankful for my friends and I'm thankful for my readers. All of you have put up with my ons and offs and supported me through weird phases and my on again, off again blogging as I figured out what I was going to do in here... and do with my life (Navy, Dominos, warehouse worker, book store manager so far.) Support while I screwed up, and a helping hand when I really needed it, but enough freedom to fail and learn were all there in just the right amounts.
In the original post, eaten by the internet there was more. But I think perhaps it was like thanksgiving dinner, a little too much. I'll stick with what I've written here. It's tighter, shorter, and on my clipboard in case it's gobbled up too.

No comments: