Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sioux Falls in the rain

Sioux Falls, SD

It was raining a light misty drizzle today over my lunch hour when I went for a run along the edge of the golf course on a bike path in Sioux Falls, South Dakota today. I don't feel all that great really. I think it's allergies but while I knew running wouldn't make it better it wouldn't make it worse either, and I'd feel worse for not sticking to my running program so I rain... sick... in the rain lol. Leave me alone. I ran OK? It was Day 2 Week 5 of the C25k program so it had two 8 minute runs. Imagine my joy.

Surprisingly it went well. I didn't cough, and only sometimes had to breath through my mouth because of the rain and condensation making it feel like my nose was running when I don't think it was. It's a nice running trail though and I hate we don't have one like it at home. That's not true. We do, and I run it... but this one is new and I'm used to the one at home. I think I just need more out & backs at home. I suppose I could do that anywhere though so it's my fault if there's not enough variety for me.

I thought I should start tracking where I am on the Nike+ Challenges so I can see if I'm gaining or losing ground. I think I'll make a google spreadsheet to track that stuff. If I do it I'll put a link to it here.

Activity
Route:
--
Elev. Avg:
1421 ft
Location:
Sioux Falls, SD,
Elev. Gain:
+3 ft
Date:
10/29/09
Up/Downhill:
[+137/-134]
Time:
01:55 PM
Difficulty:
1.9 / 5.0

Weather:
Cloudy

52 F temp; 94% humidity

52 F heat index; winds SE 10 mph
Performance
Distance:
2.54 miles

Time:
0:29:58
Speed:
5.1 mph

Pace:
11' 48 /mi

Calories:
358

Map

Elevation (ft)

Pace (min/mile)

Splits
Mile
Pace (min/mile)
Speed (mph)
Elevation
Gain
actual
+/- avg
actual
+/- avg
1
12' 49
+1' 01
4.7
-0.4
+6 ft
2
11' 28
-0' 20
5.2
+0.1
-7 ft
end
10' 33
-1' 15
5.7
+0.6
+4 ft
Versus average of 11' 48 min/mile

Posted from www.bimactive.com

No comments: