Friday, June 14, 2013

Mmmm... Salad

Apologies for the focus on food over the next few days.


  
It's hot out and that means light food. When people think Atkins they think MEAT, but there's vegetables too, and more kinds of meat than just bacon... I know. It sounds blasphemous to say. But fish is good for you too.

Light means salads but salads aren't very filling so add protein & some fat to spruce it up a little. One of the thinks about the Atkins Diet that I like is all the protein in it means I'm usually feeling full.

Started with some sort of crinkley lettuce that I chopped, some cucumber, a roma tomato and chopped that up and threw the last two in a bowl with some lemon juice while I opened and drained the tuna (packed in water so vitamins stay in the tuna).

Scooped the tuna out onto the lettuce then scooped the tomatoes and cucumbers out of the lemon juice. I just wanted some of the lemon flavor, not for it to be overwhelming.

I tossed the whole thing with olive oil, lemon-pepper, and salt. I chucked it in the fridge for a minute or two and then it was chow time while I watched old episodes of Teen Wolf on Netflix.

Nutritional Breakdown:
Calories: 307, Fat 23, Carbs 12, Protein 22, Fiber 6, Net Carbs 6

No comments: