Saturday, September 09, 2017

Book Review: The Black Wolves of Boston

I don't remember who suggested The Black Wolves of Boston to me or where I heard about it. When I got it and started it I was under the impression it was a young adult urban fantasy with werewolves, vampires, and witches.

I was enjoying it and liked the characters and then noticed it had a lot of um... There was sexual tension, and at one point an implied hand job between a 300 year old vampire and a just before college teen... I was confused. What sort of urban fantasy was I reading?

Oops. It's a romance urban fantasy and not a YA urban fantasy. That's not what I'd wanted or what I normally read even. But, it was well written, the characters were well developed and likable and the world was interesting and well developed so I kept reading.

I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't want to give away too much but the newly made werewolf is a straight boy who is also a bisexual wolf which makes for interesting situations.


I recommended it. I'm not sure if I'll get others in the series or not. I don't know if I want to be a guy that reads romantic fantasy.

No comments: