Saturday, July 09, 2011

On the road again...

Tomorrow I go back on the road for special project time for work. I used to do this sort of thing all the time. It was one of the favorite parts of my old job... The one I had before demoting myself to my current position.
 
I'm looking forward to it on the one hand... On the other I'm wondering what my store is going to look like when I get back. My assistant manager is good. He'll do a good job. My confidence in his abilities is fine. I worry a little if the other employees take advantage of him though. He's a "nice guy" and this will be his first time running a crew and store. Or, maybe when I'm gone he'll start reading Machiavelli and go all psycho on them? Sometimes it's hard to tell what will happen until it happens. My gut says it'll be fine.

I am most looking forward to how he feels about it afterwards. Excited? Ready for me to leave again or tell me not to take another vacation? This is the conversation I'm most looking forward to, that first day back debriefing. Very excited about that part.

No comments: